Monday, July 18, 2005

The Meaning

Yesterday I had a couple of comics in my knapsack during my evening stroll through the park. I found a nice bench in a shadow. It was quite hot, something like 30°C. So I sat down and started reading those couple of Alan Ford comic books. After a while an elderly man in his seventies with a walking stick sat down on the same bench. Still panting as a race horse he first enquired whether I had a girlfriend. I wasn't quite into explaining what comic I was reading so I just said: "yes" to his: "ah, the [something ancient] comic?" He decided he still wouldn't stop bothering me, so after a short silent while he started talking to me about children. They are the meaning of life and everything else is just transient and ultimately not important. I really should marry, it's easier as a couple. She should have at least three children. The old man has three children, too. It's something about woman's health. It's been scientifically proven women should have at least three children because they need the pregnancy every so often to revitalize their body, or something. The old man knows it's true because every woman he knows that has only one kid got molested with maladies at an early age. He enjoyed having kids. I should, too, he said.
And I thought the purpose of life is to read comics under a shadow on a park bench during a hot summer. I'm really out of luck.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 3 days since you posted this. Why the hell am I still not pregnant? And where is my ring?

:*
Ž

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:44:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Don't worry, things are already in motion. I want you to have only the very best of what there is so I've ordered a very special ring for you. So special it takes about 10 years for it to be made. And after you'll start wearing it, we'll consider having a few kids. I want to do everything by the book. First the ring, then the kids.

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. What do you take me for? I want 8-10 kids now and we'll get married when I'm expecting our 6th baby. That's how my mom did it and if it was good enough for her, it's good enough for me.

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

I can NOT believe you've just asked Aless why YOU ARENT pregnant on a BLOG. Are you hinting at something?
:D

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Ok ok my last post came across as a bit crude, I admit. What I MENT was, I'm sure Aless is just factoring in all the proper equations and variables, and as soon as he's done that, I'm sure he can prove that x = y. Err.. I meen I'm sure he's going to pop the question.....really!

:D *yeah aless, no need to thank me!*

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Davin, it was just a joke.
Aleš knows that if he poped the question now (or sometime in the next 20 years) I would jump on a plane and hide somewhere in Brazil.

 
At Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Dav said...

Um.. yeha! Joke! I... I knew that! *phew*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home