Monday, July 05, 2004

Motivation for Running

Yesterday morning I went for a run around the local hill. Until two years ago I did quite a lot of running, but then life got complicated and I stopped. As I was unraveling this big knot of life I noticed I was getting just sliiiiightly fat. FAT! ME! Whow. Now that's a surprise. I should start doing something. Like, start running more regularly. So there I went. I thought about 10 km of light running should be sufficient for a start. I mean, there were times I managed 15 km of sustained running. Yea, right. I barely managed about 7 km of intermittent running. Dude, I'm lame. And I only did that much because as I was running I kept meeting people running in the other direction. Some of them were women. Chicks with energy! My omnipotence factor dropped just a little. Ugh. But what chicks! I met one attractive blonde dressed in red twice! Each time I noticed only a few seconds later I had my jaw wide open. I'm still deciding why. But one thing is certain: I'll start running more frequently!

I actually woke up this morning at 5:27 all by myself. "Yay," I thought, "my subconscience is quite serious about this!" But, meh, I turned around and tried to get some more sleep. It wasn't quality sleep. Here I am yawning and stuff and no coffee will be able to help me. I know such mornings. I'll be all lame and tired and just annoying to everyone, including myself. I should've gone running. But so early... Running at 6:00 am? That's unprecedented! But hey, anything for health, right? And for pretty sights... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home