Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'll Be Back!

Whoa, I almost forgot I had a blog. The usual busy excuse applies. Hey, did you know that now I can handle Java, JBoss, HTML, SVG, CSS, JavaScript, C, Delphi, Python, XUL, SQL, XML, Debian, XPCOM, COM and Bob knows what else...? (Well, I just don't want to enter even more links.)
Have you ever tried to implement a simple videoconference-like thingy using Firefox/XULRunner, VLC plugin and a webcam? Well, I have, and it's a biggy. I'm down to researching how to decrease latencies... 2 second roundtrip is not something we can call interactive, and noone believes me it's because electrons are exhausted and slow so we should try to change electrical company to get electricity of a different, more lively, aroma.
While at the subject of webcams, did you know that Theora is going the way of the Dodo, to be replaced by Thusnelda (no, not that Roman woman)? The latest project update shows it to be quite promising, rivaling the famous H.264.
And now, back to my meager existence, which I'm trying to improve by finishing my degree. 4 exams to go, 2 of which I plan to take this June. And I have until the next June to complete my degree, after that the course I enrolled in becomes... expired. Like milk, sour, and after a while, yoghurt. No, wait, that's what I'll become if I don't finish it.

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 22, 2009 3:34:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

I don't even think you posted that in English

 

Post a Comment

<< Home