Monday, February 21, 2005

[Dis]service

The electric company is bullshitting me again. On the night from 16th to 17th February, that's the night between Wednesday and Thursday in the previous week, they didn't have the cheap tariff. And that remained so all nights since. Even the whole weekend! It is supposed to be the cheap tariff the whole weekend!
And I won't even start talking about my Internet provider. They're playing with my patience. If even tomorrow I won't have internet access restored, then it will be the whole 2 weeks without access to the internet from home, the exception beeing two afternoons. One was Thursday two weeks ago, one was Tuesday the previous week. Today they were just repeating the excuse that they were having extensive problems with my type of modem. Not all of them can connect. Crappy Israeli technology. They should have bought cheap Taiwanese shit, not a bloody expensive piece of joke. Sure enough, a year from when I bought the damn modem, they've changed the technology. They're not all that stupid, but sufficiently stupid for me to always get into some kind of trouble! That Israeli work of art cost me the same as five Taiwanese plastic boxes would have. There's always been some transient problems with this modem. On average once a week in late evening it wouldn't connect anymore. You had to wait until the morning, and then it worked again. I didn't even bother to report those problems. Tomorrow I'll ask them for how long would they have me wait before I switch to another provider. I'm very interested in what the reply will be.
I hate dilettants. At times like this I am sorry I chose civil service instead of army service. Now I'm barred from ever having a gun.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:23:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Hahahah maybe even if you DO get a gun its going to be an expensive bit of slag metal :)

I'm sooo rude to people!

 
At Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:47:00 AM, Blogger AlesS said...

It doesn't seem I'm going to need a gun afterall. Today they called me before I managed to call them. Tomorrow a technician will come to see the situation, measure the signal a bit, and hopefully do something about this internet connection.
Perhaps I need a new dictionary of offensive words. The old one seems to have worn out. ;]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home