Saturday, July 10, 2004

Bad Luck

My cousin is having a wedding this Saturday. So I went to my native place, Murska Sobota, to visit my mum, attend a wedding, and just have a jolly good time.

The train I was on arrived late about 35 minutes. That's because someone didn't want to live anymore and threw himself on the tracks before the train. Got killed I think. A baaaad omen.

When I got home I was introduced to the task of writing a speech. HUH?! A speech to be given at the bride's place (that's my cousin's). That's what you get when you're known as a good word juggler. Well I just wrote it. I'll also have to deliver it. That's what you get when you're known as a "good enough" speaker.

Damn suicidal maniac.

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 16, 2004 3:30:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Some idiot just jumped on the tracks? Damn, that really sucks

 
At Friday, July 16, 2004 10:08:00 AM, Blogger AlesS said...

Yeah. From what I've heard it was a teenager, but I couldn't find any mention of this accident in any major newspaper the next day. It was the period of graduation in secondary schools, the time of publishing the results of finals, so the people in the coach I was in started immediately talking that the teenager must have failed in school, had a miserable life, had rigorous parents, and so on. Sheesh, how fast do people fill in the blanks with stereotypes. For what I know this person could've just been awfully drunk because he made it in school, and tragically slipped and fell on the tracks. I don't even know if it was a he or a she.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home