Wednesday, January 05, 2005

More McKenna

I've found a repository of audio files featuring Terence McKenna, the man on the field of psychedelic plants, shamanism and spiritual transformation, with a huge bibliography. And a page full of material about him.
Not to be mistaken with Paul McKenna. Actually, I've ordered a book from Amazon by Paul McKenna, Change Your Life in Seven Days. Yes, you'll all say it's hogwash etc. But! I decided not to believe people that are not saying that from experience, but only expressing their preconceptions. At least when I'm through this book I can say with a strong confidence that it's crap. Or the opposite. Since I've been diagnosed with depression and a week on pills seems to have pulled me out enough for my ego to somewhat reassert itself, I'm out seeking for any and all artillery that will kill this beast. At least now I know I have a problem and I know what is the problem.
And I've ordered a couple of other books also. For some reason amazon decided to deliver three books to me in two deliveries. I'm not paying anything extra for an extra delivery, so, whatever. I'll turn them in at the local green party for excess usage of packaging. Interesting though, when I ordered the Paul McKenna book yesterday its availability was 24 hours, now it's 7 to 10 days. I'll see if it's really as good as it sells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home