Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Happy December

I spent this year's company bonus on an LCD monitor. 20". Dell 2001FP. With the 1600x1200 resolution. That's like a small TV. I have to be at least one meter away to see everything. It's great! 16 ms response time, no dead pixels I could find, sharp bright picture... I mean, wow! It can pivot between landscape and portrait positions. Programming in portrait mode... Yay, I can finally see procedures in their entirety. VGA, DVI, S-Video and composite inputs. I can hook up some video equipment. And last but not least: the viewing angle is damn large! 88 degrees in every direction, they say, and I can only confirm that. No more CRT for me!
And today I bought a computer for my sister. A second-hand desktop computer with Pentium 3 866 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM and 20G disk, with on-board sound, graphics and network adapter, for only 28900 SIT (that's about $160 at today's exchange rate). It also has a DVD drive. A bargain, I'd say. I'll add my old monitor and let my sister have it. So she can finally write her reports and see the learning material for her study. And the landlord told her he'll subscribe to an ADSL internet service if she'll have a computer. Perhaps I'll finally get back the key for my appartment. ;)
And I still have a LOT of work.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 09, 2004 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

I... hate.... you. The best come back I have for that is I MIGHT get an ASDL router modem this week *MAYBE* and then soon ADSL internet service. But I would LOVE to buy a new pc and play some of these SUPER games like HL2 and stuff.
Oh well *shrug* it sucks to be poor.

 
At Friday, December 10, 2004 6:33:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Move over here and get rich. :]
Not that I'm rich anyway. It's just yearly bonus, we call it the 13th pay. Not everyone has it. But I have a cool boss. ;)
There's no way I could've afforded the monitor any other way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home