Friday, November 19, 2004

Combining Orders at Amazon

Suddenly, Crossing the Rubicon became available at Amazon.co.uk. It was actually published in September, then briefly appeared at Amazon, got some reviews, and was shortly thereafter labeled as not yet published with all the comments/reviews removed. Then the American elections happenned and now it's available again. A bit odd, but whatever. The author has something more to say about it. What was interesting to me was the fact, that the UK Amazon had the book listed as a hard-to-get item, and you had to pay an additional surcharge, and the availability was 1-2 weeks, when the US Amazon had it as not yet released.
Since the book looks quite interesting to me and is in high demand, I ordered it. Since I already had one order at Amazon waiting to be dispatched, I combined the two orders. The original order had one hard-to-get item with the availability of 4-6 weeks. After I combined them, the dispatch estimate didn't stay at the end of November, it got moved on to the end of December. So much on combining orders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home