Friday, July 16, 2004

Ordering T-shirts

The last September I wanted to order a few spiffy T-shirts from ThinkGeek. I still do. There's one slight problem, though: they don't ship to my country. They even ship to Ecuador, Ghana, Mongolia, Nepal, and Ukraine, to name a few more "exotic" places, but no, they don't ship to Slovenia. Back then I got a bit upset about this fact and e-mailed them. I got this in response:

Unfortunately, we do not ship to your country at this time.  This may be due to a variety of reasons (our carriers do not deliver there or we have products that cannot be easily shipped to your country).

How bloody difficult can it be to ship a T-shirt to Slovenia?! What do you mean, carriers don't deliver here? All of them do! Of course I replied that this answer was far from satisfactory. I got back a bit longer reply saying that this is management's decision and that they are considering additional destinations for shipping. I should wait.

How longer should I wait? We've become a part of the European Union in the mean time which means that import duties and thus perhaps also shipping charges should be unified accross the whole European Union; there should be no difference whether they ship to Austria, Italy, or Slovenia, it's just a matter of address! Well if they don't want to make business with me that's their decision, it just annoys me I can't get some of those T-shirts anywhere else.

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 19, 2004 1:04:00 AM, Blogger CaqKa said...

mah kriza.. in zakaj ne objaviš kar so ti v drugem delu poslali?

toti eu nam samo na papiru prinaša dobre stvari.. sicer pa še ni prav nič prinesel.

 
At Monday, July 19, 2004 10:36:00 AM, Blogger AlesS said...

I'll reply in English or else it'll all be mixed up too bad for foreigners. :] I wrote about the second reply from ThinkGeek from how I remembered it because my incoming e-mails for that period were already archived. I could easily quote the first reply because it was a part of my second e-mail, and my outgoing e-mails for that period weren't archived yet. And here it is, fresh from the archive, the second reply from ThinkGeek in its entirety:

This was a corporate decision that I ahve no control over. I do know that
there are discussions to open up our shipping area further, but
unfortunately, you'll have to keep trying to see when this happens.

Sorry-

Jen


-------------------------------
ThinkGeek Customer Service
orders@thinkgeek.com
1-888-GEEK-STUFF
-------------------------------
http://www.thinkgeek.com



On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Ales Smodis wrote:


>> Jen Hibler wrote:
>
>>> > Unfortunately, we do not ship to your country at this time. This may be
>>> > due to a variety of reasons (our carriers do not deliver there or we
>>> > have products that cannot be easily shipped to your country).
>
>>
>> Well sorry to bug you again, but could you name one reason why can't you
>> ship T-shirts to Slovenia? You are able to ship them even to Uruguay,
>> Ukraine and Mongolia, to name just a few "exotic" countries for which I
>> was surprised to find out you are able to ship there, but not to
>> Slovenia. FYI: Slovenia is in Europe just next to Austria and Italy, UPS
>> does ship to my country, and I don't think they'll have a hard time
>> shipping a few T-shirts. To extend my question: will you consider to
>> start shipping to Slovenia anytime soon, or do you bear a special grudge
>> against this obviously God-forsaken country?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home