Sunday, August 08, 2004

Life as Usual

I've been monitoring electricity spending for a bit more than a month now because I think the bill is a bit huge. The July's electricity spending for the flat I live in with 2 flatmates: 141 kWh at peak (expensive) tariff times, and 227 kWh at off peak (cheap) tariff times. This amounts to about 5300 SIT (or roughly $26.5 USD), but then there's also the subscription item and I forgot what that is. The monthly electricity bill is usually about 9500 SIT (roughly $47.5 USD) and I'd be quite surprised if the difference amounts to this item. I'll have to look into it.
And then there's an odd anomaly. There have been no cheap tariff times since the last Sunday. Not even today. I wouldn't have spotted it if I weren't maintaining the daily electricity spending log. It must be in connection with the new regulations concerning these tariff times. New rules specify that the cheap tariff is every workday from 22:00 to 06:00 and the whole day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The transitional period for electricity companies to implement these new billing rules extends from 1.7.2004 to 31.12.2004. I just hope that they won't have the expensive tariff all this time, as judging from the electricity meter's state it seems they want to. I'll have to ring them up and use some of my spicy language.
I cleaned up the flat yesterday. My room, the kitchen, and the bathroom. Again. Those two flatmates just can't be bothered with maintaining the flat in a clean state. But why bother: when I'm cleaning my room, it only takes me additionally about half an hour, an hour at most, to also clean the kitchen and the bathroom. On the end it's their problem, not my.
A friend and I went out to play billiards, 9-ball specifically. For 3 hours, yay! I excelled! Which is extraordinary. We wanted to play tennis originally, but then the rain messed up the plan.
At the moment I'm listening to Lenny Kravitz and trying to decide whether to see if there are any shops open to buy ingredients to make prekmurska gibanica (a good recipe in Slovene and German), a flaky pastry with poppy seed, walnut, apple, and cheese filling. I fancy it at the moment, but there's just no place that can make it as good as I can. I guess I'll have to "roll my own". ;) It's just that it takes me 2 hours, possibly longer, to prepare one. And then an hour and a quarter to bake it. And I have to finish writing some text for a booklet to be published by Društvo mladinski ceh. It's that thing about using Linux for "ordinary" people. So I don't really have much time to kid around with a cake... :]

6 Comments:

At Sunday, August 08, 2004 9:06:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

After all that growling, you've got the guts to ask me that? ;>
I've made it; just an hour and a half ago I've pulled it out from the oven and it's still quite warm. And of course you can have some of it, it's too much to eat it all by myself. :] I've put 0.5 kg of walnuts, 1 kg of curd (not cheese as I originally stated), 1.3 kg of apples, 0.2 of poppy seeds, and 0.8L of sour cream into it, so it's huge. ;)
I'm going to invite a few friends tomorrow to feast on it anyway. We play billiards at Mondays at 20:00, a 10-minute walk from my place; perhaps you'd like to join in there, too. ;]
It's slightly doubtful you're at all serious about it, so email me at aless [at] rulz [dot] org for any details. :>

 
At Monday, August 09, 2004 8:06:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Ooooh, you like to trash people. Almost as mush as I. I think I like you. ;]

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home