Sunday, July 25, 2004

Harvest

It's wheat harvest time. They've harvested barley without my help earlier in the month, but yesterday I had nothing else to do so I went to visit my mother and help with harvesting. The yield was outstanding, my uncle did a fine job. A lot of wheat. And straw. Bringing bales home was the heaviest job. A machine does the baling, nothing easier, but go on and lift a bale of moist straw. It's a bit heavy thing, but sure, I can do it... Only there were 120 bales. Even now, after a long night of sleeping, I feel tired. I think I need more food. So I'm off to lunch now to gain some energy for the return trip. ;)

3 Comments:

At Sunday, July 25, 2004 3:39:00 PM, Blogger Dav said...

Woah wheat? Barley? Sweet, any brewing of any sort of drink going on there too? Man that's pretty cool man. Did you take pictures of the harvest and stuff? Bet they make good conversation pictures.

 
At Sunday, July 25, 2004 11:14:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Brewing isn't something that's widely done. :] Perhaps a tavern here and there that brews a sort or two of beer, but nothing more. I don't even know how it's done and with what utensils.
But harvest is quite common. For me it's nothing special, I was around when harvest was being done since I was a kid. Thus no photos, no enthusiastic conversation, nothing out of the ordinary. Just... a harvest. :)

 
At Monday, July 26, 2004 3:45:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Well us city folk haven't had a chance to really be in a harvest, so pictures would help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home