Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Tea

I bought a tea cup, a tea colander, and tea. And yesterday I started making and drinking tea at the office. Yunnan Green for a start. It was about the time to start using the heater in that water dispenser. ;) At one time there was a slight buzzing noise in my head. I think I had too much of it. Or perhaps not. I was quite productive. :]
And fast. I was cycling home with the average speed of 25.6 km/h over 6 km. On one straight segment of the road I even went 41 km/h. I cycled past a parked police van with 33 km/h. The speed limit on cycling paths is 25 km/h. Whoops. But I like to see people jumping left and right so much.... ;]
I think I would have had a better timing if there wouldn't have been so many red traffic lights. On Friday, for example, my average speed was 27.2 km/h on the same 6 km. I hadn't had any tea then, but also only a few red traffic lights, and no other cyclists or people on the path to scare. Perhaps because it was slightly raining. :]
Davin tells me he also drinks tea. A normal tea. Perhaps it's his variant of normal, because he finds it hard to describe. So he's going to make a blog entry with pics of the tea he drinks. Or so he told me. And more detailed pics of those jelly candles in his new funny blog that are not food, although they look like it. Or so he tells me. He got me terribly confused there. I think he's becoming a sort of a BOFH. Especially since he likes my customers better than his. You see: I train them. I dismiss them over the phone after about 2 or 3 minutes. Rarely there are extremes. Like yesterday. All in all I wasted about 2 hours on the phone. One call was even 31 minutes long. I thought I was going to demolish a major wall and bring down the whole building in the process. Errr. Well you try to install, no, register to windows, a program. The hard way. And over the phone. With a person that goes "Huh?" most of the time. But he's trained now. He won't make the same mistake again. :> I know what you think! Don't! I'm alright! That person has a degree in computer engineering! I think he should drink tea. I'm not certain I could manage 1.5 hours on the phone, as Davin does. ;)
I'm a coder, a developer, not a help line. A hell line! :> Sheesh, even other programmers call me at times to seek an advice... I think my price is too low.
I need more tea.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 19, 2004 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Yes yes soon there shall be pictures. I don't really train my clients, since they cant be trained. "Open that file up" and they go "Um how do I do that?"
I say "Use explorer" and the next think they are asking me is what to do because their 'explorer' is showing the MSN webpage.... *sigh*

well tea pics are gona be up soon, so enjoy

 
At Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:12:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Well, introduce some action! Tell them to think! Act! Do something! That should shift their brain into a higher gear. When they'll start suggesting options and verifying their logic with you, then you know you're on the right track. They won't like you at first, that's almost certain. But I don't mind that. ;) I'm not very fond of people that don't like me, anyway.
A known saying says something like: it is better to teach a person how to catch fish than giving him fish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home