Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Perseverance

This Saturday I have convinced myself to go jogging on the nearby hill. There I made one circle and was just about thinking I had enough of it, when suddenly a man went past me and asked me if I'm up to for one more lap. I think I overtook him twice before that, and so did he: we didn't rest at the same times, you see. Well, I took the challenge and made two more laps with him. Then I agreed with this man, Igor, to go running once more on Sunday morning, 9 am. I made 3 laps before my left knee went on strike. But this Igor sure is persistent: he said he'll go jogging once more at 6 pm. He started jogging in October and has since been running regularly. He takes pride in every metre he makes, because he's trying to give up smoking, and running makes him feel very good.
Hm, metre has an interesting definition: the length of the path traveled by light in a vacuum in the time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Cool, running is fun, but if you have a knee issue, maybe you should take up swimming? It would be better for your knees, and its great excercise!

PS: Just mind the sharks!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:05:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Maybe I should just take it in smaller steps in the beginning and my knee will be okay.
Swimming wouldn't be a problem if I had a beach next door, like you! One day I'll come over and claim 2 metres of your beach for my relaxation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home