Saturday, October 02, 2004

Rebelling

Elections are tomorrow. There were ads, commercials, rallies, vans with loudspeakers on streets, etc. A mix of messages where the basics of important issues more or less converged. And although the basic premises were mostly similar, there were differences in how politicians presented them, how they behaved before or after a happening, lots of those hidden subtle egoistical greed or righteousness or narrow-mindedness bordering to blindness or just silliness. Of course there were also the opposites, but I could hardly notice them. Unrecognisable. Mostly in defense. Then again, I didn't follow any of it; what I've seen was purely by accident. So I didn't see much and could have gotten wrong impressions. But whatever, at every such time a piece by Pink Floyd popped into my mind. Great piece:

Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

1 Comments:

At Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:37:00 AM, Blogger AlesS said...

Definitely! I feel rrrRRRrrRRRRRRRrrRR! Maybe I'll move onto S later. Hm, and then A? :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home