Saturday, October 02, 2004

Resuming

When I woke up today I thought I'm going to regret for going to work and not calling in sick. Exhaustion from the previous day still seemed to linger and I slept for only 6 hours, I couldn't sleep more. But I just had to work, there's too much stuff dependent on me at the moment. So I moved my butt over to the office, wondering whether I should just cancel all my plans for tonight as I felt damn tired and didn't know if I'll even manage to work for at least 8 hours. And right in the morning a programmer working at one of my customers called me perplexed over a seemingly simple problem. After I exhausted my list of simple oversights beginners tend to do I just said: "yeeess...." to his: "Ummm, may I send you the whole source for you to look into it?" And then, just after I've just started understanding the whole working of the program and were starting to trace the error, he calls me again: "Hello! I think I know where the problem is. You may stop with your debugging. Oh, and thanks." I mean... sheeeesh! Whatever, it's on his bill. Only pitty is that now I got less time to work on other things.
It's interesting that as time went by my body just somehow magically started gaining energy and my sleepiness was gone in the afternoon. I was happilly typing again. Errr, programming. All that big exhaustion has gone and now I'm just normally tired. Well, normally, as compared to that exhaustion. My sister didn't bug me much today, she seems to have found out how to cope with this place. ;) Amazingly she didn't call me for any pointers. And she got all the answers at her faculty today. The only bizzare question was when she called me from the train station: "At which rail is my train?" Oh... well... errr... look it up? There are, like, these big timetables hanging all over the place? With rail numbers? Gosh. Sadly she didn't find a room for herself yet. I guess she'll stay with me for a day or two more...
And now I'll go to bed. Have a long sleep. I hope. Maybe I'll stay in bed till noon, maybe I'll spend an hour or two in the morning for work (telecommuting) as a customer is almost on his knees asking me to finish something. Somethings. More and more things every day. But hey, I can't work all days and nights even if the world would come to its end because of it. And then, at noon, I'll pack my bags, put my ass on a train, and follow my sister home to mom. There are parliamentary elections this Sunday and I'm registered to vote at my official place of residence, which is still at mom's. And some home cooking will be good for me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home