Friday, August 20, 2004

Making Tea

Davin seems to be experiencing some sort of an oppression at his workplace, the first symptom being he doesn't have time to properly make tea. A tyranny actually, everyone else being a coffee maniac. But I'm here to show you how to make tea fast and properly! At my office. With the help of my benevolent boss, who took the pictures.

First you have to have a mug. A big one, we want to drink tea, not just taste it.

Then you fill it up with hot water. There's a water dispenser at my office for that. It heats water up to 85°C. Not quite sufficient for tea, but for the green sort it's acceptable.

I Almost forgot. Not only mug, you'll also need a colander and some tea, of course. Yunnan Green, yummy.

This much tea. It seems little, but these are dried leaves so they soak up much water and get real big.

Start brewing by putting the colander with tea into the mug. And mind the time.

After approximately 3 minutes get the colander out of the mug.

And you have a mug of properly brewed tea. Green tea. The timing for this sort is about 2 minutes actually. But the water is not very hot, so I leave it in a bit longer. The Yunnan Green is remarkable for the fact you can brew it two times from the same batch of leaves: the first time 2 minutes, the second time about 5 minutes. Only the second time isn't as good as the first time. ;) If you make black tea, then brew it 3 to 5 minutes. At the end usually a bit of milk is added to black tea. I'll switch to black tea and milk when I find a shop selling milk that isn't homogenised. I received a tip already, I'll check it out soon. Oh, this is why I don't like homogenised milk.

Drink it with the pleasure of a mug of tea well done! Just like me. ;)

Dude, it rocks!

Disclaimer: if you're not laughing then you're taking it all too seriously! It's a joke, man! ;) Yeah, sometimes I go too far and have to put up such a disclaimer... :] The thing about my boss and brewing the tea is real, though.

5 Comments:

At Friday, August 20, 2004 8:24:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

Ma nekaj renovirajo; dvomim, da so že končali. :]

 
At Saturday, August 21, 2004 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Oh man you have a funky mug man. And your tea is clered by your boss? That's just wrong! You have to drink stuff your boss doesnt know about, stuff he would scold you for drinking *shakes head* and here he is helping you take pictures.
well i guess its ok.

I see its pretty warm out there. Have fun.

 
At Saturday, August 21, 2004 4:07:00 PM, Blogger AlesS said...

I'm not sure there's any stuff on this world my boss would scold me for drinking it. :)
But I'm always interested to hear what drinks you get scolded for. ;) It makes for a nice first liner when I have to break the ice: "You know, in Malaysia you get scolded by your boss for drinking tea. And they don't even give you enough time to make it properly!" ;> (Joke!)
It was a nice weather the past few days. At this moment it's a bit cooler and rainy. But we know Malaysia has the best weather anyway, right? ;)

 
At Monday, August 23, 2004 4:19:00 AM, Blogger Dav said...

Well I think any sort of liquor or beer would be a no-no over here. That or some exotic colombian coffee with coca (cocain) extract in it for just a little more kick :)

 
At Monday, August 23, 2004 8:22:00 AM, Blogger AlesS said...

Well, here there's a law that forbids you from drinking anything alcoholic while at work. Only I don't know how that applies to telecommuting. :>
As for drugs, I don't know if a law covers that. I guess if you can smoke at work, then other drugs are also possible. ;) But I don't think boss condones this; I'm not into drugs or smoking anyway :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home